This one-of-a-kind course will answer all of your risk and liability questions when it comes to finding, hiring, compensating, training, evaluating, and firing team members.
- The growth of teams has clearly outpaced the support activities needed to ensure their success.
- This course will give you a firm foundation on how to manage your human resources and how to acquire and attract the right talent for your team.
- Understand the importance of each HR component and how it can minimize risk and liability
- Determine your team needs and find the right person for the job
- Understand how to attract the right talent
- Create and write an effective job description
- Understand the interview process and the legal and illegal components
- Understand the hiring process for employees, vendors and independent contractors
- Understand the importance of policy manuals, who gets it and what must and should be in it
- Understand the various tax forms and who is issued each one
- Understand the differences between employees and independent contractors and how to manage those relationships
- Understand the differences between exempt and non-exempt status and how to ensure you are compliant with labor laws
- Understand and determine employee and agent compensation options
- Determine and evaluate ongoing training and professional development for employees and independent contractors
- Understand how to effectively manage your team by setting expectations, monitoring and evaluating
- Understand the lawful and best practices for terminating a team member and how to avoid common mistakes